Last Updated: 20-August-2015
I've just been trying to check for canonical issues on a sites domain and my usual tool of choice was showing response codes that I though were incorrect, it was almost as if there was a Meta refresh happening.
Anyway I wrote a quick script to double check it for me. Here is it...
url = raw_input('enter url: http://www.')
r = requests.get('http://www.' + url, allow_redirects=False)
I added the user input section simple for ease of use, in case I were to ever use it again.
I can do a slight modification to iterate over a file of URls if I should ever need to. Anyway, just a little problem that I solved within about 3 minutes! :)
About the author
Craig Addyman @craigaddyman
Head of Digital Marketing. Python Coder.